Under the general direction of the Director, Marketing, designs, coordinates and maintains CSBA’s digital marketing strategy as part of our Communications Department. Establishes and maintains social and digital media campaigns; monitors related analytics and reporting; and performs related work as required.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Maintains content calendar to ensure timely publication.
- Assesses, defines, creates, and implements a well-defined plan for CSBA’s digital strategy including ways to improve multimedia communication.
- Builds and maintains CSBA’s social media and online presence.
- Conducts data analysis and reporting for meaningful metrics (KPIs, Analytics, SEO).
- Updates social media accounts with relevant articles, videos, and blogs.
- Produces videos, graphics, and other creative visuals for use on social media, the web, and print to support CSBA.
- Establishes procedures for social media postings.
- Reviews and implements processes to facilitate breaking news alerts.
- Creates, edits, and updates HTML /CSS websites.
- Designs and formats websites with troubleshooting experience.
- Conducts online media searches and general research for departments on key social media and web related topics.
- Attends and participates in professional group meetings; stays abreast of new trends and innovations in digital media; researches emerging products and enhancements and their applicability to Association needs.
- Reads and demonstrates an understanding and adherence to CSBA values, policies, and practices.
- Demonstrates respect, honesty, and professionalism at all times.
- Assists the Chief Information Officer with special projects as assigned
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Photoshop, Final Cut Pro, Premiere Pro, Audacity and/or other media and graphics editing software.
- Social media monitoring tools similar to Hootsuite or Buffer and analytics reporting.
- Visual communication principles.
- Web design and content management systems.
- Social media management tools (Facebook Manager)
- Facebooks ads, Instagram ads, and LI ad manager
- HTML or CSS web design.
- Google Workspace
- SEO techniques and best practices to ensure content is keyword friendly.
- Methods and practices applied in design and implementation of public affairs and news media print and electronic communication materials.
- Recent and on-going developments, current literature, and sources of information related to assigned duties.
- Modern office practices, methods, and computer equipment and applications related to the work.
- Techniques for effectively representing the Association in contacts with governmental agencies, community groups, and various business, professional, educational, regulatory, and legislative organizations.
- English usage, grammar, spelling, vocabulary, and punctuation.
- Maintain a consistent corporate voice throughout all communications and responding thoughtfully to inquiries or complaints that arise from social media correspondence
- Ensure content tone is consistent with the brand, targeted to a specific audience, and optimized for each marketing channel.
- Support design efforts in content strategies across all platforms including Social Media and Websites.
- Build and maintain successful corporate reputation management program.
- Establish and maintain a variety of filing, record-keeping, and tracking systems.
- Organize and prioritize a variety of projects and multiple tasks in an effective and timely manner; organize own work, set priorities, and meet critical time deadlines.
- Operate modern office equipment including computer equipment and specialized software applications programs.
- Use tact, initiative, prudence, and independent judgment within general policy, procedural, legal guidelines.
- Establish, maintain, and foster positive and effective working relationships with those contacted in the course of work.
- This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- Any combination of training and experience equivalent to a bachelor’s degree or higher with major coursework in Marketing, Digital media, or related field with at least three (3) years of experience in digital marketing and multimedia content production
- Additional experience in web design or video production is preferred
ENVIRONMENTAL ELEMENTS & PHYSICAL DEMANDS
- Employee works in a primarily sedentary office environment with moderate noise levels, controlled temperature conditions, and no direct exposure to hazardous physical substances.
- Employee is personally responsible for following health and safety guidelines, instructions, and policies.
- Must possess mobility to work in a standard office setting and use standard office equipment, including a computer; vision to read printed materials and computer screen, and hearing and speech to communicate in person, and over the telephone; must be able to bend, stoop, kneel, reach, push and pull drawers open and closed in the execution of duties.
- Must be able to sit at computer for long periods of time and have the dexterity to access, enter, and retrieve data using a computer keyboard or calculator, and operate standard office equipment.
- Employee must possess the ability to lift, carry, push, and pull materials and objects weighing up to 25 pounds, hand truck available to assist.